1. "How long perimenopause lasts. I assumed your periods just stopped like a car running out of gas."
"I genuinely still thought this until your comment, so thank you for educating me today. ðŸ˜"
"Mine has changed me. I don’t feel like me anymore. All I thought was I might have some hot flashes and my periods would stop. It’s literally been eight years of hell so far. Every day a new ailment."
2. "That the female body is not studied properly, so don't trust doctors much. They have professional blindness here."
—u/Lemon_gecko
3. "Pain is not normal."
4. "The slime your vagina produces is normal. The bleaching of dark underwear is normal. I had to learn this from Mama Doctor Jones, an obstetrician-gynecologist and content creator."
—u/Femmigje
5. "Pretty much everyone has stretch marks and cellulite."

6. "That you'll still sometimes have period accidents and bleed through your pants even as an adult. It sucks, but it happens."
—u/mz_blanc00
7. "It's normal for women to get dark hair around their nipples. I had no idea until it started happening to me in my early 20s."
—u/mtn-cat
8. "It's okay to struggle with weight loss and gain. All women's bodies are different yet beautiful."
—u/Dr__Pheonx
9. "Your boobs are not always symmetrical. One's bigger than the other."

10. "Not about bodies specifically, more so about periods. Teens, it is okay if your pad or tampon wrapper makes a noise in the bathroom! Don't feel ashamed about your period; you don’t need to hide it or feel dirty."

—u/NiiSauce
11. "It is normal to have hip dips, tiny bumps on your nipples, and a 'trail' of slightly darker hair on your lower abdomen. As for issues with lifting/moving heavy things, it sucks not being as strong as men, but I had to accept it. And our bodies have some wild advantages too."

"As for having a softer frame than men...this 'my thigh is bigger than my boyfriend's' thing is absolutely normal and common. Average breasts rarely look like what we see in porn. In fact, they almost never look like that. I was literally convinced I had some genetic deformity. 🫠This shit caused me so much stress in my teens."
12. "You're only supposed to lose about 5 to 80 ml of blood during your period! Having to dump out your menstrual cup multiple times a day is WAY too much! (I turned out to have endometriosis and bleed triple the usual amount.)"
13. "It's not normal if you're in severe pain every time you have your period. It isn't 'normal' to barely function when you have your period. If you’re dealing with such pain and heavy bleeding, there's a decent likelihood you have endometriosis (or a similar condition like PCOS). None of these things make you weird or less valuable or less of a woman. You're not alone."

—u/xxxdac
14. "I wish someone had told me about all the damage pregnancy can do to your body. And that there are things you can do to prevent or minimize it."

15. "It's okay to have body hair. Having body hair, anywhere on the body, doesn’t make you any less of a woman. 💖"

"It's also okay to pluck or not if you choose to. Don’t let anyone make you feel bad about it one way or the other."
16. "The women playing high schoolers in movies are in their 20s, and you shouldn't compare yourselves to them when you’re a teen."

17. "Not having a completely flat tummy is 100% normal, and exercise (weight lifting specifically) is much more important for us than we think (beyond aesthetics)."

—u/chironinja82
18. "I wish someone had told me how drastically having a baby would change my whole body. Shape, size, all of it. My feet even grew a whole half size."

19. "At some point in your 30s, you will have a much harder time losing weight."
20. "You need to eat. You are gonna have people equate your worth with your weight. You need to give your body nutrients, and you need to eat protein and fruit. It doesn't matter if it's fashionable to be super thin."

"Men — boyfriends, 'alpha males,' fathers, husbands, pastors, influencers, fashion designers — are trying to make you starve yourself so you are not nourishing your brain enough to detect their bullshit manipulation of you.
Companies are trying to instill a dissatisfaction with your body that makes you consume, consume, consume.
You are okay. Your human body deserves nourishment. You are dulling your sharpness, your vitality, your mind.
If your mind is screaming to Get Away, whatever your Get Away is, start working on your plan to Get Away. You got this."
—u/blipblewp
21. "I wish I'd known the mechanics of a transvaginal ultrasound. I was in my early 30s the first time I got one, and IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when the nice lady handed me the imaging dildo."
22. "Sex isn’t supposed to be painful, and pushing through the pain will most likely just make it worse. 'Drink wine, smoke weed, relax' doesn’t always work; sometimes, there is a medical reason why it hurts. Likewise, putting in a tampon shouldn't hurt, either."

If you have anything to say, or any examples of your own to share, feel free to do so down in the comments. Or, if you want to write in but prefer to stay anonymous, you can use the form below!
Please note: some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity
Post a Comment